Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hi Family,

Thanks for the emails! I'll tell ya about this last week!

Last Sat-.  I had a fun moment. Sister Yoon and i were standing outside the south visitors center, and we were looking up at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building and there is an American flag, and so I said the pledge of allegiance w/ my hand over my American flag from my name tag that's over my heart! haha. i just thought i was clever saying the allegiance while looking at a flag and having my heart over  a flag. Anywho, I guess my weird sense-o- humor is coming out. hehe haw!

Monday-  I had some fun things happen today!  One thing was that there was a hymn book in there that was labeled Tabernacle Choir Conductors book. So I looked inside and there were his notes written on some the hymns pages! There I held in my hand the book that had led the famous choir! hehe Ü Later that night my assignment was inside of the Assembly Hall, and usually at night no one comes in. so Sis. Yoon and I sang! She got up on the stage, and iIstood down below by the benches and she played hymns while I sang! It was amazing b/c it sounded so nice in that big room w/ the echoing. I didn't get too into it b/c there are security cameras in there. So yah, no weird body movements while I sang.

Tues.- by the way, the weather this whole week has been absolutely gorgeous! like BEAUTIFUL to the max! so warm and the flowers are indescribable! I wish you could be here to share this wonderfulness with me, Tuesday was nice weather for a BBQ that the so very sweet and kind Senior couples put on for all of us 160ish sisters. There was tons of food, shredded BBQ pork sandwiches, potato salad, chips n salsa, cookies and ice cream sandwiches, just everything. iI was fun!
Today was able to call a friend of a past sister who served here at Temple Square. I had contacted her at Gen Conf, and she gave me her friends' name, David Mazat. He's 23, and she met him while she was studying in Guatemala. So today I called him to talk w/ him. he was soo kind, and asked if we could communicate through email. So I emailed thanking him for talking and such, and his next email to me was thanking me over and over for talking to him, and that the missionaries had actually come over to his house and taught not only him but his family too! That was originally my whole point of contacting him to see if he wanted to learn more about the gospel thru the missionaries, so that was neat, and he said that they were coming again that night! So  I haven't heard back from him again, but i hope and pray that it went well! but it was just so neat to be a part of all of that, all the way even in Guatemala! So cool! So i called Nicole, the member  friend that gave me his name, and she was so excited!
iIll keep you updated on how it goes!

Wed- well, part of our assignments are contacting in the visitor centers and helping recruit ( that sounds funny, recruit) people to come on the tours, and so sometimes there are foreign people that request to have language tours. I was told that there was a french speaking couple that wanted a tour and that they were waiting in the building. So me, being very excited about anything that has to do w/ France, very excitedly went looking for this couple so that iIcould say bonjour! So I walk up to this couple and was like Bonjour! and the lady looks at me kinda puzzled, and she's like "hello"? so i guess I got the wrong couple. I was so embarrassed that I turned around and found the nearest corner to feel silly in .The other thing is, is that there are security cameras everywhere, so you feel like you are always being watched, so I always wonder what little movie that they are getting to watch w/ us silly missionaries out n about. There have been a lot of sisters that have been getting pooped on by birds lately b/c there are a lot of trees here on the square--which I just learned the other day were planted when the saints first settled here. they were imported or brought over from somewhere. so that's cool!
It's been really neat to be able to give people tours. I'm starting to be able to recognize the "golden" ones- as the sisters here say it, the people that refer themselves to have the missionaries come visit. So there have been some people that just stand out to me, that genuinely seen interested in what you have to say and that they have felt the spirit. there was this couple from Colorado that were on our tour this last wed. and they were so kind, and they referred themselves. It's just so exciting to know that you've been apart of their experience with the gospel!

Thursday Sis. Yoon and i went to the temple . That was neat!  I just love the temple so much!

Friday, Sis Yoon gave a Korean tour to a family, an American family whose daughter was engaged to a Korean guy (convert of 3 yrs) she met here at BYU, the tour was for his nonmember Korean mom. so while Sis Yoon taught the mom, i was able to contact the family. There were from Lehi. very nice people. Turns out the dad hss this  friend who pretty much knows that the church is true, I guess he's asked for blessings, just for whatever reason hasn't joined. he mentioned that he has a problem w/ chewing, but the dad told me that many times he's sent the missionsaries over to this guys house to be taught and it just hasn't happened yet. so the dad fills out the referral card, and he whips out his cell phone, calls this guy to confirm his address, and goes "Gary, i'm sitting here at Temple Square, and I'm filling out the card for the 5th time, so be expecting a call!" I was like woah! never has that happened before, So I'm really exctied to call this guy and get to talk with him! haha!!!
Sis. Yoon is really funny. sometimes she will just randomly says very random things. like when we were stanging inside the tabernace, looking out the window at this guy. Big and tall in stature. cowboy boots, cowboy hat, wranglers, very purple cowboy shirt. Sister yoon goes" he looks like an Idaho potato farmer!" guess you had to be there--but coming from a lil asian, just made it that more funny!
Today~ well, today is the day of  preparation, my last one of this transfer! Can you believe it? On  monday morning I find out my new companion and what room I live in, and then Wednesday is when we start our 2nd transfer, and i won't be the new Greenie any longer!!! 

Much love!!!! hope you like my silly pics. one is of the lint roller. looks like it picked up more than just lint!




and the other one is me being,...me. Ü



the other 3- one of me and Sister Yoon this last Sunday, after the music and the Spoken Word-she announced in Korean all the sisters stand with the sign and talk in the dif. lanuages to give tours, and the other two pics are from our BBQ. Enjoy!

Angela







No comments:

Post a Comment