Things are going good! I am feeling better...I've got my voice back finally, i have wonderful zone leaders who are extremely helpful and supportive, and the sisters in my district are so kind. I've really been blessed. so I never got to tell you that my new companion is sister queiroz ( pronounced kay-doss)
she is from Brazil, and just the sweetest! she's great! we really get along! I'll send you a pic of us. well, in chat, we've been doing a lot of phone lessons w/ investigators- from Guyana and Botswana. we are also teaching a really neat guy from the Netherlands. it is so amazing to be teaching these people, and to hear them pray. they are trying so hard, the Lord is really preparing people!
this morning we had a mission tour- and Elder Pace from the 70 spoke to us this morning, and he randomly chose sisters to interview and I got to interview with him! it was great! we talked a lot about feelings of inadequacy in the work, he spoke about that to us as a mission, and then i talked to him about it some more, and asked him how do i know if the Lord is pleased with my work? and it really helped. its hard sometimes being here, never really seeing the fruits of your labor, and so he told me to pray and ask, Lord, have you accepted my sacrifice. that was really helpful, a dif. out look. Pres. Holmes also spoke and bore a very powerful testimony of Joseph Smith. Man, i just wish you could all hear him speak. remember the way you felt after listening to Elder Holland's talk last Gen. Conf on the Book of Mormon? that's how you feel listening to him. I just love him and have the up most respect for him. i truly know that he has been called of God to lead this mission. He and sister Holmes actually were asked to extend until 2012- first time ever for a temple square mission pres. to be asked to extend. he is doing good things for this mission. anyways- enough of me!
Byee!!!
AJ
No comments:
Post a Comment