Monday, July 5, 2010

Hey family!

Thanks for your emails! Man, many thoughts of you and the fam yesterday on the 4th -o- July. It was still a great day though! Many good people that we were able to talk to. 

Met a neat black couple from Las Vegas and their darling son, Henry who is 2 years old. soo cute. We took them on a tour and finished at God's Plan- they referred! The dad cried in the presentation. They are prepared, Sister Zalazar and I could both recognize it- as we talked about it afterwards. He was so respectful and kind. always would take the door from us so that we could walk in front of him first- you could just tell, good people. 

Met a woman the other day- so random of a contact, but def. was meant to be by the Lord- she was from PULLMAN!! and she referred. Seriously that contact did not last more that 3 min. she was ready, I was there, and bam. we were supposed to meet, both be from Pullman, and for me to invite her, and for her to accept. I can't wait to get home and call her and follow up. She asked me to keep in touch w/ her. So I'm happy about that.

Also met this sweet dear old man- Loy, he's Baptist and absolutely LOVES the tabernacle choir. He's so impressed about the church and has been here for the past few days. I keep seeing him here. and he's staying until this Wed. I ran into him again and he just held my had w/ the biggest smile and was so happy to see me. He said that he has come before w/ his baptist choir, but they all bad mouth the church, and he came this time by him self b/c he wanted to just enjoy it all by himself w/o the influence of his choir. He said that he has a hard time understanding the whole Joseph Smith story- and I invited him to receive the Restoration DVD w/ the missionaries, and he gladly accepted!  Has asked to keep in touch. 

Just these dear kind people, they feel the spirit, they like being here. I just love being able to witness these miracles. My testimony of the prepared people that the Lord sends to us is so strong. in the  two short wks. Sister Zalazar and I have been together this transfer, we have seen this over and over. It's amazing. we've been really trying to focus on simply working hard everyday and being obedient. This is something that Pres. Holmes has asked us to be. The most obedient and hard working mission.
Just had to get that out before I forget these neat-o- stories!!

Loves to all!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment