There is a Sister Brett who just got here this transfer serving here, and guess who she is related to and where she is from?! Spokane, WA! Caroline Brett's grandaughter!! Cool huh??!! Small world! She is so nice, and I like her a lot.
It was soooo good to see BrianOwen! My goodness! What a tender mercy. Heavenly Father is so good to me!! Mom, it was sooo good to see Brian! We just picked right up where we had left off, laughing and being weird and crazy as if we were the best of friends from the beginning of time!!
Glad to hear Joe and Alli and back safe and sound and that they had a fun time together. So things are going to be ok for Jana and baby J? That's good to hear. When is she due?
Things here are going good! It snowed today! For the first time! Today we had our zone conf. and we spent it doing service at the This is the Place Monument-Heritage Park- and I got to help clean Heber C. Kimball's home! I got to clean his room, just dusting. mom, it brought back memories of dusting at home, the job I really didn't enjoy, but it made me smile to think that's what I did at home. But it was neat to see his room, and I'm guessing the artifacts that belonged to him? There was an old piece of paper, that was someone's mission call that was signed by Brigham Young and Heber C. Kimball, cool to see their signatures.
I sent some cool pics so you could see. After the cleaning we all sat around eating and just had fun, there was a keyboard , and this cute little sister from Indonesia was playing around on it, and all of a sudden, a hip hop beat music starts playing, and so we just ended up kinda doing fun dance moves, haha. Pres. Holmes and Sister Holmes were there too just laughing and watching us, they are so good, they were right there beside us helping us clean, throwing snow balls, just joking around. I just love it! What mission pres. and his wife do that? They are just so loving and down to earth.
This new transfer has been good so far, we literally spend all day in the North Vis. Center, just contacting, It's up to us how we plan our day, w/ where we will be, contact w/in the center and then we are in the Referral Center. It makes for long days, esp when its slow and there aren't very many people, but it's still good. Just trying to enjoy it all.
Sister Aslam and I had a neat experience. We were in the RC, and she got a page for a Hindi tour, and usually we aren't supposed to get pulled from the RC, that's last resort to take a sister out of that assignment, but since she's the only one right now on the Square that speaks that language we had to take it, which was good! I love language tours! So we get there, and it's this young college student from India getting his PH D at UoU-and it turns out he speaks some lang she doesn't know, and he's like well, I'll just take it in English, and at first, my reaction was like ugh, we get taken out of RC for an eng tour that any other sister could have taken, And then I thought to myself, whatever we are doing, it's all the same work for the Lord, it doesn't matter. This ended up being such a good tour. He was so innocent, and pure, he said that he's studied other religions but didn't really know anything, so it was just so neat to really teach the basics, that we are children of God, that Jesus Christ is the Son of God , and why He came down to this earth, almost teaching him as if he were a little child. and really, that's how simple we should be teaching people- and he was just soaking it all in, just asking questions, and seemed so amazed. I loved being able to talk w/ him. I just felt so good being able to share my testimony w/ him. At the end of the tour, we ended in the South Vis Center and let him fill out the guest card. As he was, I was just praying so hard that he would refer. my desire for him to refer was not because that would help our numbers w/ our goals, or to say, yeah, we got a referral, but becuz i felt such a love for him, I wanted him to have the same blessing that I do, becuz i know it would bring him such happiness. He did refer, and that made me really happy. On his comments that he left, he said that coming to Temple Square-he felt that he had seen a bit of heaven, and that he was going to bring his friends here. What a great work this is!
I feel that I'm coming to better understand why I am here. I need to share this gospel w/ my brothers and sisters. Heavenly Father has given this privilege to me! What a blessing to be able to be here!
Well, I'll send you some pics so you can see our fun from today.
Much love to you, and thanks for all of your love to me!!!!!!!!!
pictures-
1. Me and Sister Aslam
2. Sisters at Heritage Ppark, in the snow
3.our first snow balls!!!
4. gross flies that we cleaned from the Kimball's house, and a Sister and I put our pile in the elevator and then pushed the button for the elevator so then someone would open the door and get a surprise!
1. Me and Sister Aslam
2. Sisters at Heritage Ppark, in the snow
3.our first snow balls!!!
4. gross flies that we cleaned from the Kimball's house, and a Sister and I put our pile in the elevator and then pushed the button for the elevator so then someone would open the door and get a surprise!
No comments:
Post a Comment